Tuesday, June 26, 2007

End of the Waterfront Festival, Picnic, Fireworks, and Dynamite End to Powerhouse

Update: for 2008 Canada Day fireworks see this blog post
Crowds are heading home after the 2007 Mississauga Waterfront Festival. The tall building to the right in the photo below is the Waterside Inn.


The pedestrian walkway parallels Lakeshore Road West as it crosses the Credit River. I clicked this photo from the second level of the lighthouse, looking east towards Toronto.


From the same vantage point, but looking towards the northeast over Lakeshore Road and the river, you can see the festival tents and booths in Port Credit Memorial Park.

Incidentally, CTV will be doing a live broadcast from this area on Friday from 11:30-1:30 p.m. for the community picnic. Think I'll wander over then and see what's up. Or maybe on Sunday night, when there's to be a huge fireworks show after dark, same spot.

The on-again, off-again demolition of the nearby Lakeview Generating Station powerhouse is set for first thing tomorrow(Wednesday) morning, winds permitting. If it's not too hot, I might pop over and watch something big being blown up.

Last night, as I was walking back to my car with a bagload of groceries, I could see a forest of masts rising a block away. I thought to myself, 'Anyplace where I can see ships from the supermarket parking lot is a good place to be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment