|Exhibition Hall Direct Energy Centre Toronto|
|Wabi-Sabi Pottery Booth|
|Handmade Pottery Wabi-Sabi Pottery|
|Stinson Studios Wooden Bowls, Sculptural Burls|
|Oh Dina! Fascinating Fascinators !|
|Pebble Art of Nova Scotia|
|Roman's Fine Arts Handpainted Glass|
|Atelier Tout Autre Chose Funky Footwear|
|Garneau Sheepskin Slippers|
|Yellowdog Walking Sticks|
Yellowdog Walking Sticks and Wabi-Sabi Pottery are but two of the new artisans at this spring's show.
How Long to Stay at the Sale? Bring the kids - there's day care, too!
As I write this, it occurs to me that 3 hours is really not long enough to see all the artists, so consider making a full day of your trip.
There are a number of cafes and food outlets set up in the building -- there's even a place to get crepes in the exhibition hall. And mustard, chutney, jellies, fudge and other food sellers offer samplings of their fare. There is free day care/ babysitting near the entrance. And lots of handy washrooms.
Look, too, for one of a kind clothing and scarves, sun hats and children's clothing, bunting bags and goldsmiths, leather handbags, home decor, and on and on goes the list. Some 450 artisans, people! That's a lot of serious Canadian talent to see!
Have a great time, and be aware that artists are a friendly lot, so do stop and chat.
A Word about GO Transit Exhibition Place Stop:
If you plan to take the GO Train to Exhibition Place to take in the show, then be prepared for a bit of a walk once you leave the train. The signage for the entrance to the One of A Kind sale was non-existant at the time of my visit, though if staff did as promised, it will be set out by today.
- To get to the correct entrance for the Direct Energy Centre exhibition hall:
- Go left on Manitoba Street (the first street after leaving the GO station area).
- Continue east to the marked crosswalk.
- Cross the street and continue down the full length of the covered walkway. This ends in front of a wide entrance terrace.
- Keep walking due south until you get to the south end of the Direct Energy Centre.
- Turn left and follow the sidewalk into the building, then walk straight on til you see the ticket booths.
There is a large parking lot off Prince's Blvd, though it may be busy on the weekend.
See the google map for this area.